When I was going through my divorce three years ago I had no idea what a Certified Divorce Coach was. Nor did I know how a divorce coach could have helped me through the divorce process. I didn’t meet a Certified Divorce Coach until after my divorce was finalized.
Divorce is a life changing event and for some, it is the most stressful event they will ever experience. The overwhelm and storm of emotions cloud your judgment and decision making. It’s extremely difficult to concentrate and focus on anything else. You can feel like your walking in quick sand and sinking fast. With your family and your future at stake it’s not the time for you to go it alone. You need experienced professional help.
Letting go of a long term relationship is extremely difficult. There is the loss of goals, hopes, and future dreams. Family dynamics are changed forever. If there are minor children you and your spouse will have to collaborate on a parenting plan. You may have to sell your family home and find a new home to buy or rent. The standard of living your accustomed to may need to change thus affecting your lifestyle. If you have been out of the workforce you may need to reenter the job market or go back to school for additional education. There are just so many important decisions regarding your future that need to be made now. Those important decisions you make today will impact your future for the rest of your life!
A good divorce coach will be your sounding board, confident and guide through your divorce. Family and friends are a great support team but they do not have the expertise or emotional detachment you need. CDC Certified Divorce Coaches are specifically trained to guide you through every phase of the divorce process.
TOP REASONS WHY I WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD A DIVORCE COACH WHILE GOING THROUGH MY OWN DIVORCE.
- To have someone trained in all aspects of the divorce process that truly understood what I was going through would have been priceless.
- Having assistance with finding the right attorney and referrals for me would have saved me a lot of time and money.
- A good divorce coach would have slowed my thinking process down and helped me make better decisions.
- Collaborating with a thinking partner would have stopped me from throwing in the towel and walking away too soon.
- Having a Divorce Coach would have kept me from avoiding some of the biggest pitfalls of divorce.
- I would have been better prepared for the business of divorce and more organized for my attorney.
- Most of all it would have motivated me and helped me reclaim, my self-worth, self-esteem, self-confidence and dignity.
Leslie Welch, CDC® LOA
Tags: CDCDivorceCoach, CertifiedDivorceCoach, cheapdivorcelawyers, childcustody, childsupport, Divorce911, divorceattorney, divorcelawsGeoria, divorcetownusa, lawofattractionlifecoach, mediation, mensdivorcecoach, seperation, womensdivorcecoach